Thursday, April 23, 2009

* #10 Learn about tagging and discover Del.icio.us (a social bookmaking site)

I think that delicious is a great tool. It seems to be an improve over on bookmarking as we knew it. The fact that you can easily view and share the great number of links to others makes it easier to find information and will make the process of finding sources quicker. The tagging feature to me is helpful. Sometimes when I save websites into folders the old way I am not always sure of where to put a link. With tagging I can make it part of two separate lists.

I feel as these links can be most helpful to me in the public library. When we get assignment that the kids are going to have there is always a mad dash for materials. While using delicious not only can I give the students the best and most basic sites, but also encourage to share their findings with the rest of the class.

I do think it serves as a great way to have your bookmarks at any computer, but that is only the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment